Sunday 27 January 2013

Kitchen me Krazy


For months now I have been slowly assembling my kitchenware. A beautiful collection that doesn't have 'student' written or cracked or scratched into it. Those years have passed and my cupboards will soon be filled with matching plates and bowls and accompanying cutlery and glasses and...and... well who would have thought that purchasing plates and cutlery would have me more excited than buying a new dress or handbag (though that Mulberry is still on my mind)? 

I'm not much for bright colours and with the exception of navy blue, I prefer neutral colours and the beauty of timeless raw simplicity which is probably the nordic scandinavian in me. And well I just have to mention the word 'iittala' - that says it all really about my kitchen...essence, teema, artik and purnukka being the key words which together form a beautiful base. However, having spent some of my youth in Asia, this has also been an inspiration in my collection beginning with a teapot and teacups from 'Bredemeijer'. I then completely fell in love with the bowls by 'Tokyo' - mix and matching patterns in a stunning navy blue which is almost eclectic - this I probably get from my grandma who will have anything if it's blue - love it! 
So here it all is (so far)... I can't wait to get it all out of the boxes and up on shelves and then let's have dinner!! :) 

Who wants to come?








        




1 comment: