Tuesday 16 April 2013

My new favourite thing...






'Bilder & De Clercq' is literally my new favourite thing in Amsterdam. This shop makes it so quick and easy to do your food shopping and its all organic and healthy as well!
You may begin to think that I've turned into a food critic as I am indeed writing about yet another food concept but this one deserves praise. So do you often walk into the supermarket with the question 'what shall I eat tonight?' and then end up buying way too many ingredients which end up going off anyway and then sadly have to be thrown in the bin..? Well this is the concept on which this shop was built and I'm addicted to it.  



So every week they have a new set of deliciously enticing recipes. Each recipe has its own stand in the shop with all the ingredients needed to make the dish neatly layed out in the exact amounts necessary so it's literally just a case of picking one of each and you're done and ready to pay. Simple as that. Additionally you get a very thoroughly explained recipe card (right) with pictures and everything so even for the less gifted chefs amongst us, it really can't go wrong and from my experience it is always incredibly tasty. 





So far I've tried:...

Stuffed Cabbage Leaves with Fennel Sausage and Risotto...mmmmm!




and Spinach and Chickpea Curry...mmmmm!







Another thing I like about shopping there is that if you're trying to eat healthily, it's totally possible because there aren't any crisps or chocolates that for some reason always happen to tempt their way into my shopping basket whilst walking down the aisles to find what you're actually looking for in a normal supermarket so despite the food being just a little bit more expensive as it is all organic at 'Bilder & De Clercq', you're actually saving money as well because you have no choice basically. 

So this Thursday I am venturing in again for another exciting dish as my sister Nathalie is coming to eat with me in Amsterdam. My plan is to win her over too..Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment