Sunday 18 November 2012

And so it begins...this is me..


Here it is then...my first blog post.
I have finally entered the social media - it's the future as I keep hearing so let me introduce myself...


My name is Tamasine McNabb...unusual name I know...I am often told that and it appears to be a difficult one since it has been morphed into names such as Tamsin, Tasamine, Tarnasine, Tammy, Jasmijn and even for the completely clueless it's been Tarzan, Tangerine, Magazine, Tamagotchi - I think that's probably my favourite one, but the list goes on. 


However, to the majority of my friends I am known as Tee, short for 'big Tee' after I spilt a BIG cup of hot tea all over me on a minibus during a school trip - 'big' being ironc as I'm really very small with probably the smallest feet for a 23 year old - I often get told to go to the kids section. But small feet has it's benefits...shoe shopping! I have a row of shoes neatly lined up along all the walls in my bedroom and I even used my parents zig-zag DVD rack to store my shoes as I ran out of horizontal floor space.


But back to the point...my name does actually have a very beautiful story...Tamasine in Japanese means twin (it's also a boys name in Japan but we'll forget I said that...) and I was in fact born a twin however my twin was not discovered until after I was born as it did not grow during the pregnancy (I ate all the food basically).


Im a very international individual...I originally come from Denmark, born in Copenhagen and since then moved around the world to Tanzania, the Netherlands, Singapore, England (where I went to university), and back to the Netherlands...Amsterdam...which is where I am now and hope to stay for a while. I love travelling and will continue to do so as there are many places I have yet to see but I am also in need of a base now to build a life. So...I am currently working as an interior designer at Studio Linse in the centre of Amsterdam, beautiful location along the canal. I was very lucky finding a job so quickly after university and I have learnt so much whilst having had the chance to work on some really exciting projects :) - hopefully I can post some of these in my portfolio on my website soon!? (see www.tamasinemcnabb.com)



So with the job sorted...next step is an apartment in Amsterdam. I currently still live with my parents just outside of Amsterdam which isn't bad but after having lived on your own for 4 years its strange to be back which I'm sure many of you can relate to. I have been preparing though...I have been gathering a beautiful collection for my future kitchen. I am currently saving up for a collection from Iittala which I am in love with - so excited!

Alongside my interior design, I am an artist...I paint, mostly commission work however i would like to do more, hence the social media to get my name out there and hopefully get selling! My dream is to get my work hanging in an art gallery or to own my own gallery even and to have a studio where I can be as messy and creative as I want - not sure my mother appreciates the odd paint splat in the living room anymore ;)

So this blog is about:
- the progress of my art and my art career 
- an insight to my style in the interior realm including updates on my future home
- my style in fashion - I can't get enough of fashion..I could shop forever, I LOVE ZARA basically but shame the wallet isn't so flexible
So follow me and stay tuned..

Please also follow my tumblr, Pinterest, twitter, you name it...I'm going for it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment