Friday 8 March 2013

Motivation

So the past few weeks I have been on the job hunt which to my relief seems to be getting very positive responses despite these times but I therefore wanted to share two videos from Ted.com that inspired me in my motivation to get back out there.

The first I came across when I was compiling my portfolio and it was exactly the ingredient I was missing to make mine stand out from the rest. This is based on the Simon Sinek's Golden Circle and the importance of starting with the 'Why?' in order to sell yourself.





The second I wanted to share because it is something that seems to be a continuous battle of mine especially in the workplace: Quiet. Many people are under the impression that I am a quiet person which when they get to know me will find that I'm really not, I'm just a calm person and there's a big difference. Many people also seem to think that you have to be loud and outspoken to be confident and good at what you do. I can certainly disprove that belief but this video however, hits the nail on the head, I couldn't have said it better.




This was the motivation I needed and I hope that those of you who are struggling can find something similar. I'd be intrigued to know anyway :)


No comments:

Post a Comment